- 2 slices day-old bread, (crusts trimmed, I used sourdough, about 100g/3.5oz)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, (or lemon juice)
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves and stalks, (approximate)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- Extra olive oil to drizzle, (optional)
- Ground sumac or paprika to sprinkle, (optional)
Soak bread in water then squeeze out. I soaked my bread by running it under the kitchen tap, then squeezing the excess water out into the kitchen sink.
Add bread and all remaining ingredients, except olive oil and water, into blender or food processor. Blend until combined, then pour in olive oil while blending. Continue blending, while slowly adding water until the dip has reached a thick but smooth consistency that is to your liking. I used just over 1/4 cup of water.
- Adjust the amount of garlic to suit your taste. I love strong flavours and used two cloves.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 211mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg