This policy is effective from 25 May 2018 and was last updated on 17 March 2021.
What information do we collect and how is it used?
- Information you voluntarily submit to the website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Information we collect from others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use third-party software through this website, they may transfer information to us for fulfilment.
- Automatically-collected information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the website. For example, when you use the website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalised experience on the website.
How your information may be used
We may use the information collected in the following ways.
- To operate and maintain the website.
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings.
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts.
- To respond to your comments or inquiries.
- To provide you with user support.
- To track and measure advertising on the website.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorised or illegal activity.
Publicly visible information
If you leave a comment on the website, certain information may be publicly visible.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When you sign up to receive our newsletter, we collect and store your name and email address. You can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe link found in the footer of every email.
When you submit an enquiry via the website’s contact form, we collect your name, email address and message. This information is not used for marketing purposes.
Third-party use of personal information
This website uses third-party service providers. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The website currently uses the following third-party service providers.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganisation proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites. Cookies are used by websites to allow them to gather and remember information about your preferences, and respond to you as an individual.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
For more information about opting out of cookies from Google Analytics specifically, please visit the Google Analytics and Opt-Out Browser Add-on page.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve content and advertisements when you visit the website.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The "help" feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
How we protect your data
This website uses the VaultPress security service to secure user information, as well as a double opt-in sign in process in order to prevent unauthorised logins.
Rights related to your personal information
- Opt-out: You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access: You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com.
- Amend: You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget:In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive personal information
The website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Note that once you have used these links to leave https://quitegoodfood.co.nz, we do not have any control over that other website or the information it provides.
We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
All links to other websites are made in good faith and deemed to be appropriate, useful or interesting at the time of publication.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Quite Good Food
PO Box 13007, Hillcrest, Hamilton 3251, New Zealand