Hearty and deeply satisfying, here’s an easy soup recipe to warm you right up.
This soup takes second place in the soup stakes at our house (first place favourite goes to Green soup). This is another great lunch, or light dinner served with some good bread. There’s a few serves of veges in here, as well as protein and fibre from the beans, so it’ll fill hungry tummies quite nicely.
- 1 leek washed and finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- leaves Sprig of fresh rosemary picked and finely chopped (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 can of cannellini beans drained and well rinsed
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Approx. 2 large handfuls of chopped or baby spinach
- Juice of one lemon
- Heat olive oil in a deep saucepan. Add leek, celery, onion, garlic and rosemary. Cook over a low to medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until everything has softened and cooked down a bit.
- Add the diced potato, beans and vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until potato is soft.
- Add spinach and lemon juice and stir through. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- I served this with some turkish bread and a peppery extra virgin olive oil for dipping.