Like apple crumble in a glass, this little number is a great addition to your everyday breakfast.
I woke up thinking, "green smoothie today". But frankly, after too much wakefulness from the wee babe during the night, the thought of walking out to the vege garden to pick spinach was just too exhausting. Yes really.
So I whipped up this wee gem, which is a lovely simple smoothie to start the day. Less confronting than a green smoothie can be first thing in the morning, more like a hug from a granny wearing a cardigan. Just what you need sometimes.
In our household we make a point of including fruit with breakfast every day, and smoothies are an excellent way to do this.
Cinnamon gives it the hug factor, and is also known to help regulate blood sugar levels, among other things. I planned to add some oats too, but forgot. If you try it with oats, let me know how it goes. I was going to add about ¼ of a cup.
- 1 large ripe banana or 2 small
- 1 red skinned apple cored and chopped
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of your choice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Add ingredients to your blender, whizz 'em up and enjoy.